Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

I am sitting here in the kitchen sipping my cup of tea and watching the snow quietly fall on the ground. I haven't seen a car go by at all, everything is white and so pretty! Inside all I hear is the hum of the refrigerator and the click of my hitting the keys on my laptop, I love mornings like this!

With Christmas quickly approaching I have been busy creating my snowflakes, crochet snowflakes. I plan on adding a snowflake ornament inside every card I send out as well as to everyone who receives a cookie plate from us, I love to bake oodles and oodles of cookies and gift them out to folks. I haven't quite gotten the decorating done yet, the tree is in and I must say the boys picked out a beauty this year! I was rather busy the day they went to pick the tree so I was not able to join them. She is a tall blue spruce and she smells so yummy! I will try to light her today and add ornaments in the next few days.

Well Pat is awake and in the shower now getting ready for work so I must stop and make him some breakfast before he heads out and help him brush off the car of the snow that has accumulated and warm it up!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

It sounds like your Christmas preparations are coming along great! I wish we had a white Christmas here in Texas.
~Kelli

window into our life of love, joy, and adventures! said...

Somehow when it's -4 degrees like it is here it can be a bit challenging! then I dream of my mild Az Christmas : ).
For the most part tho' I do enjoy our white Christmas.....from inside ; ).
Sandi

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Thank you for following my blog! I am enjoying getting to know you through your blog!

I have a 16 year old daughter as well! Time just flies by doesn't it? Congratulations to your son and his lovely wife as well!

So amazing to see our children become adults, isn't it?

Donna said...

Thank you also for following my little blog. It sounds like you have a wonderful family.
Merry Christmas!